Hello everybody :) Today I've got fantastic strawberry pancakes for you.I made them for lunch and it's pretty fast when it comes to preparation. I mean it takes about an hour including baking but it's totally worth it! Once again I had a huge amount of frozen strawberries - like I'm gonna have them forever :) The pancakes are great. You could eat them without any other stuff but well, that's not the best. They are soft but with a strong taste at the same time. And plus strawberries - like the seventh heaven in your mouth.
Recipe for you guys :)
You'll need for a round baking dish (diameter aprox. 21cm):
- 1 jar straberry jam
- 20 quartered strawberries
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 500 ml milk
- 240 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- big pinch of salt
- 40 g vanilla sugar
Directions:1. To make pancakes beat together flour, eggs, sugar a pinch of salt.
2. Put little oil to a pan and make 8 pancakes from the dough - fry them from both sides and add oil before starting making another pancake.
3. When done making pancakes, spread strawberry jam all over them and sprinkle with a half of quartered strawberries.
4. Butter baking dish and place there 4 rolled pancakes.
5. Now beat together sour cream, egg yolks and sugar.
6. Spread one half of the cream over 4 pancakes in dish.
7. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
8. Place the rest of pancakes into the dish and spread the rest of the cream all over them and sprinkle with the rest of quartered strawberries.
9. Put into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool just a little bit. Serve when still warm.
The Final Word:These pancakes are soooo tasty. Next time I'd double the amount of the sweet gravy and I'd use more strawberries. Simply, these are incredibly good. Maybe that's why they were eaten withing one afternoon.