Today I have a recipe of strawberry muffins for you :) The reason for making them was the huge amount of frozen strawberries in my freezer. There was hardly any free space left, so I wanted to use them.
The muffins were really fantastic. I loved that pink dough (see photos). It happened thanks to these frozen strawberries - all the frozen water was red and mixed with the dough turned out to be nicely pink. Next time I'd add even more strawberries to make the muffins even more strawberry.
Ou, yeah, this time I needn't have gone to the shop - nothing was missing :) It was without any problems.
I had a lot of fun during the preparation of them. Instead of having the amount of dough for a dozen of muffins it turned out to be for 24 muffins. But nevertheless, we ate them within two days. So good they were!
As always here comes the recipe:
You'll need for 24 muffins:Dough:
- 510 g plain flour
- 125 g butter, melted at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 550 g caster sugar
- 1 tbps baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 20 g cinnamon sugar
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 100 g old-fashioned oats
- 80 g brown sugar
- bigger pinch of salt
Directions:1. Mix together all the needed ingredients for streusel using your hands. Then put to the fridge.
2. For the dough mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
3. Then add milk, eggs, vanilla essence and melted butter and beat well until light and without lumps. I had to use two different beaters as the first one wasn't strong enough to beat all the lumps :)
4. Now it's time to dice the strawberries and mix them with cinnamon sugar.
5. Add the diced strawberries into the mixture and stir gently.
6. Place baking cases in muffin tins.
7. Preheat the oven to 200C/392F.
8. Spoon the mixture into the cases and sprinkle it with the cooled streusel.
9. Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool a little.
The Final Word:These muffins were excellent! As I said before I'd add more strawberries next time and maybe even more sugar. It's good to serve them with a cup of lukewarm milk :)